- July 29, 2022 Inserted the BeUno body temperature chip implant (blog post)
- June 16, 2022 I got my CLI tool eta included in the Ubuntu Universal Repository!
- July 13, 2020 Moved from Palo Alto back home to Stockholm
- Apr 22, 2020 Awarded Best of Tutors.com in 2020
- Dec 6, 2019 Published an article on Programming.Guide that went viral: Reddit, Slashdot, Hacker News, ZDNet, IDG.se
- Feb 3, 2019 Moved to Palo Alto!
- Feb 18, 2019 Released eta - A command line tool for monitoring progress and ETA of a arbitrary processes
170 62 Solna, Sweden
Google Maps »
Bio & Résumé
Andreas Lundblad is a software developer with a passion for quality and correctness. After finishing his PhD in computer science, he joined the langtools team at Oracle to develop the javac compiler and other language related tools. In 2016 he started at Palantir as a forward deployed engineer and dev.
Andreas is among the top 100 users on Stack Overflow and was recently selected as one of Swedens top 10 developers under 30 and top 10 Tutor on Tutors.com.
When he’s not writing code he’s attending programming meetups, practicing juggling or spending time with his wife and three kids.
- Hundreds of articles on various programming topics include Java, go and general computing. The articles are concise and provide examples up front.
- A tool for monitoring progress and ETA of an arbitrary process. Click the link to see gif screen casts!
- A site that tracks Elo rating for Stack Overflow users. As opposed to reputation, which is a cumulative measure of how much the community has appreciated a users contributions, the rating is a relative measure of a users "skill" compared to other users.
- Dead Simple Jekyll Comments
- A DIY comment system for Jekyll sites. It uses webhook to intercept comment submissions and writes them to a comment file which is commited and pushed in a separate branch.
Blog / Stack Overflow
Featured blog entries and Stack Overflow answers.
- Nov 10, 2015 In Java, what's the difference between public, default, protected, and private?
- Jul 28, 2015 Decoding a partial QR code
- Jun 9, 2015 Why is executing Java code in comments with certain Unicode characters allowed?
- Oct 17, 2014 What is sjavac, who is it for and how do I use it?
- Jun 3, 2011 Do interfaces inherit from Object class in Java
- Oct 20, 2010 Handling InterruptedException in Java
- Sep 21, 2010 How to convert byte size into human readable format in java?
- May 6, 2010 Why must wait() always be in synchronized block
My favorite talks and articles
- Pacific Northwest Scala 2013 We're Doing It All Wrong, talk by Paul Phillips
- Server-Side Rendering is a Thiel Truth, article by Tim Ruffles
- Paying Down Your Technical Debt, article by Jeff Atwood
- Java Generics gotchas, article by Brian Goetz
- The "C is Efficient" Language Fallacy, article by Mark C. Chu-Carroll
- 10x is a State of Being, Not a Type of Engineer, article by Jeff Dickey
- Hyperproductive development, article by Jessica Kerr